Monday, July 13, 2009

WELL SOMEBODY HAS TO DO IT!

I've just finished my second addendum/update interview with an angel of a social worker who drove clear here from Ogden (five hours)...do complete a 'new' update to my homestudy. She believes she can get it done, approved by Holt and back to me before I leave for China. So, that is some good progress.

However, on to the USCIS issue....
On Friday the Los Angeles USCIS office (where my paperwork/file was originally processed) told me that because I now lived in Utah they couldn't do my update, so they would have to send the file to Salt Lake City. The officer told me that she did that on Friday. I then sent an urgent plea to the Salt Lake City USCIS office to please expedite my update so that I would know that it would work out for my travel dates. Today I received an email from Salt Lake...no, they can't help me because Los Angeles is supposed to do it and they should not send the file. So, I called Los Angeles...Nope, she said, we don't have jurisdiction, Salt Lake has to do it, besides, the file has already been sent. So right now, I can't even ask any office to rush the process, because no one will take responsibility for it! I have now called my congressman, Matheson's, office. Ashley who deals with these issues for the congressman has promised to make contact with the two USCIS offices to try to get someone to take responsibility...then, we will work on getting the update! Oh, the fun never ends.

No comments: