Wednesday, July 15, 2009

come what may...

Come what may, Emma and I are getting on a plane tomorrow to begin this adventure in China.

The "pre-adoption trip" with my sister Karen's family will begin Friday morning on our 1:40 a.m. flight to China and go through July 23rd.

July 24th starts my official adoption trip with a little orientation conducted by my agency on the 25th

On July 26th I will be in Gansu province picking up my boy!

Other than the still unresolved nightmare USCIS issue with the addendum/updated I-171H (see the previous posts, if you don't know what I'm talking about), we are pretty much ready to go!

I am going on faith that the USCIS problem will be resolved by August 5th. I am leaving many phone numbers and all my paperwork with my sister Jan to champion the USCIS problem from the US. I have arranged for multiple sources of communication with the states and I am putting a great deal of faith into dear Ashley at Congressman Matheson's office. She has been my source of hope this week, as she has contacted USCIS officers, congressional workers and so on, to get this pushed through by August 5th. She has been hopeful....so I am trying to be hopeful as well.

Oh, and of course quarantines still remain a real possibility too. Aaaaah the "adventure"

It remains to be seen what exactly will happen...but....

COME WHAT MAY...I WILL BE ONE STEP CLOSER TO BRINGING MY BOY HOME....

And that is what keeps me looking forward!

4 comments:

Shirlee McCoy said...

It will all happen just as it should. I met a lady in China who traveled before she had her USCIS approval because her daughter was turning fourteen. It was travel on faith or risk not ever getting her little girl out of China.

So, she traveled. And it really did all work out. She even got her daughter's passport in record time and left China with the rest of our travel group.

Have a safe journey.

Your children are beautiful.

JMCS said...

Hi Susan! This is Jonni from RQ and I just wanted to come over and wish you a safe and wonderful trip to your son. Your daughter and son are absolutely gorgeous and I can't wait to follow your journey.

Hugs,
Jonni
"a Gansu & Jiangsu mommmy"

Nina said...

ugh...i'm so sorry you're going through this stress.

Greek Goddess said...

I'm so proud of you and your faith and optimism. You'll be in our prayers. May things work out for you. Good luck!