Wednesday, August 5, 2009

IT IS FINISHED!!

At about 4:00 this afternoon I was handed an immigrant visa for my son Robert Joseph Ping Broberg, so that he can enter the United States and become a citizen!  After all the worry, panic, tears, frustrations, headaches and heartaches, all the paperwork has been finalized and all that there is left to do is travel home.  I am so very grateful.
 
So one final stretch...we will begin our journey home tomorrow, August 6, at about 11:00 in China.  One bus ride, three planes, two shuttles, 16 hours and 45 minutes of flying, 7 hours of layovers, 7760 miles and approximately 27 hours later we will arrive home. I can't wait.  OK, that might have been a tad bit sarcastic, but actually I truly can't wait.  I am so ready to go home.  Three weeks is really too long to travel.  Emma has been an amazing little traveler...willing to eat whatever, sleep wherever, and so on.  I am very impressed by her.  And of course, Mr. Smiles...he is just willing to go with the flow...except if you try to hold him to any seat (high chair, seat belt, on your lap)...he doesn't do confinement...so, that will make for a very interesting flight. 
 
No matter what, exhausted, brusied, a little broken, injured and incoherent....we will be home!  I will start counting my blessings now...to help me survive the journey ahead.
 
Well, off to do a final rearrangement of stuff in the bags...then try to get some rest since I know it is going to be a very long road ahead of me.
 
Thanks to all of those who have followed along, prayed for us and shared this wonderful journey with us.  Your love and support has been felt many times and appreciated constantly.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats!!
We have an "RJ", too. Ours is a Roger, tho..lol!

Amy