Thursday, June 18, 2009

TRAVEL APPROVAL

I JUST RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM MY AGENCY STATING THAT OUR 'TRAVEL APPROVAL' HAS ARRIVED!!!

This is the final document that we wait for to come from China before my agency can finalize the actual travel date, adoption date, consulate appointment for a visa and so on!!!

The travel days will be based on when we can get an 'interview' time at the US consulate for RJ's visa. From there, they will count back days for the other dates that must occur first: the ADOPTION, getting RJ's Chinese passport, conducting the required medical exam, filling out paperwork, etc. etc. The US consulate in Guangzhou is closed tomorrow, so the agency won't be able to make firm dates until early next week. But they said that travel should be expected to be mid-July!

This will be interesting. My sister Karen is planning a big family vacation around these adoption dates. The plan is for her family (7 of them) and Austen (my nephew) and me and Emma to all go for an extra week to China, the week before I am needed there for the adoption. Then all the kids will come home and I will stay for the 'adoption trip' - along with Emma, of course, and Karen and Matt. Besides the fact that it will give us only like 2 weeks to prepare...the most 'interesting' part is that Eric, Karen's son, is still on his mission in Arkansas - until July 14.....hmmmmm. We are just having to take it one day at a time....and figure it out!

I'm so excited though. I will have RJ in my arms in about a month!!!! I simply can't believe it.

2 comments:

catharooni said...

giddy with excitement!!! i am looking forward to the pics of your meeting - if they are anything like emma's i will not be able to maintain dry eyes ... what a blessing for you all.

sue williams said...

We travelled to get our 5 year old daughter with 8, (my grown daughter, son-in-law, and 4 of my grandkids) and had the time of our lives! I love hearing about families making this adventure together. Happy trials, to you!
sue