Tuesday, May 26, 2009

HERE HE IS....



Introducing R.J. PING BROBERG!


RJ = Robert Joseph (Robert for my dad and Joseph for my mom's dad)
Chinese Name: Lan Yan Ping
Date of Birth: January 12, 2007
Place of Birth: Lanzhou, Gansu Province, China (central China)

On March 27 I sent in my letter to the China Center of Adoption Affairs (the Chinese agency who places Chinese children for adoption) with a request, the Letter of Intent (LOI) that we be allowed to add RJ to our family. My agency had called the day before asking if I would be interested in looking at a file of a little boy, just over 2 years old. They stated that they knew I was looking for a younger baby, but thought I might still be interested in looking. But, they said, just a warning...once you see this picture it will be awfully hard to resist! Thats o.k. I said...I'll just take a little peek. Boy were they right!! It was love at first sight. Even though I was trying to be logical and non-emotionally attached...I just felt something, like I knew that this was the child waiting to be part of our family. My agency only gave me until noon the next day...March 27... to decide for sure. That day, I had already decided to take the day off for Emma's birthday - so that gave me a chance to really talk with my family and contemplate in the quiet (well, as quiet as it gets with Emma around!) By noon I felt certain and I was ready to send in my LOI to the CCAA.

Today May 26,2009, 60 days after sending in my LOI, I received the letter from the CCAA wherein I affirm that I wish to adopt RJ. Now I have to wait for Travel Approval (TA) and a few weeks after that we will be off to China. Hopefully no later than August! Pray for us. I am SOOOOO ready to have RJ with me and Emma and all the rest of my wonderful family and friends.


Here are a few more pictures (taken around August 2008):



And a couple recent pictures (March 2009)

4 comments:

Emily said...

i know you've been waiting a long time! yay! so happy for your growing family!

Lauren said...

Hooray! What exciting news. He is absolutely adorable. We are so excited for you and hope everything comes together swiftly for you. I know you can't wait to get that little guy in your arms.

catharooni said...

look at those CHEEKS!!! he is a doll and as blessed to come to your home as you are to have him in your family ... congratulations and i hope the time passes quickly!!

Karrie said...

Congratulations on LOA/LSC!I hope you travel BEFORE August to bring your beautiful Son home.
May your final paperwork fly through!